Job Posting: Registered Early Childhood Educator to Support the Niagara Licensed Child Care Supply Staff Registry
A Unique Opportunity to Support the New Niagara Licensed Child Care Supply Staff Registry:
Are you a Registered Early Childhood Educator who is looking to work within a variety of licensed child care programs in Grimsby to broaden your experiences? Are you looking to choose your own shifts to support your personal and family schedule?
If so, joining the new Niagara Licensed Child Care Supply Staff Registry (currently servicing Grimsby) may be right for you! The supply staff registry offers competitive salary and benefits, similar to a full-time position. Supply Staff will be able to input their availability into an online portal and be matched to open shifts within Strive Niagara’s
Margaret Jarrell Centre, Child’s View, and Grimsby Community Preschool. These licensed child care centres will be working in collaboration to support Supply Staff Teams and are located within 5 kms of one another.
If you’d like to learn more about the opportunities offered through the Niagara Supply Staff Registry, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary of the Position
The Early Childhood Educator (ECE) is responsible for the supervision and management of the classroom in accordance with the philosophy of each program. The principal duties include ensuring the safety and well-being of the children, carrying out the Early Years Curriculum, evaluating effectiveness of curriculum planning, maintaining regular
communication with parents, staff and community colleagues to the overall effective operation of the centre.
• Two-year Early Childhood Education (ECE) Diploma or
equivalent approved by the provincial licensing process
• Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
• Current Criminal Reference/Vulnerable Sector Check within all three agencies
• Current First Aid & Child CPR certificate that is recognized by WSIB
• Current Health Certificate & Immunization Records
• Knowledge of the Provincial Child Care and Early Years Act
• Two written child care references
• Experience working with children and volunteers an asset
• Patience, dedication, energy, enthusiasm and caring attitude
• Ability to work cooperatively with others in a variety of licensed child care program environments
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all situations
• Ability to carry/lift children, and carry/lift moderately heavy items
• Willingness to work a minimum of 2 shifts a week
• Commitment to staying on the supply staff registry for a minimum of 6 months
• Willingness to support all participating partners including; Strive’s Margaret Jarrell Centre, Child’s
View Locations and Grimsby Community Preschool
• Medical required by local health department
Please send information to email@example.com for consideration and to be contacted for an initial meet and